- ATS Corsa launches production of $146,000 RR Turbo
- Land Rover Defender deliveries, Kimi Raikkonen’s own F1 car, Alfa Romeo’s first EV: Today’s Car News
- 2021 Genesis G80 Review | Price, features, photos and video
- Production Nissan Ariya crossover EV shown in leaked patent images
- Nikola offered to work with Hyundai on hydrogen, was rejected
Under the hood, the Tucson will offer a Smartstream 2.5-liter, direct-injection, four-cylinder gasoline engine or a 1.6-liter, turbocharged, direct-injection hybrid or plug-in hybrid setup.
The 2.5-liter engine churns out about 187 hp, while the hybrid powertrain generates 227 hp.
Hyundai Motor Co. said the new powertrain uses continuously variable valve duration technology to deliver a better balance of power with efficiency and emissions control.
Hyundai also plans an N Line sporty variant for global markets. Details of that rollout will be announced later.
The latest Tucson is packed with a slew of safety features under Hyundai’s SmartSense suite of driver-assist technologies, including forward-collision avoidance assist with pedestrian detection, lane-following assist, remote smart parking assist and a surround-view monitor.