- This may look like your average bike, but it has a special tool built in
- Driverless Cars Are Nearly Close To Reality
- TrueCar launches new car-buying program for military community
- 2020 Lotus Evora GT Exhaust Test | What it’s supercharged V6 and exhaust sound like
- Ineos in talks with Daimler to build Grenadier at Smart plant
LONDON — Jaguar Land Rover is in talks with the British government about a request for temporary state funding of more than 1 billion pounds ($1.22 billion), Sky News reported.
The loan request had been lodged with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Sky News report said on Saturday.
The report cited a source close to Jaguar Land Rover, whose parent company is Tata Motors.
“The claim is inaccurate and speculative,” Jaguar Land Rover said in an emailed statement to Reuters.
The statement said the company was in “regular discussion with government on a whole range of matters and the content of our private discussions remains confidential.”